“We were able to cut down the number of photos in a client’s archive by half, which saved her hundreds of gigabytes of space on her computer and allowed her to easily find the photos she wants, when she wants them. Now it’s easy for her to create photo books and gifts, with all of her photos consolidated, de-duplicated, and organized in one master file.”
– Heather, Personal Digital Organizer
Frustrated by the presence of hundreds or even thousands of duplicate photos in your digital collection? You’re not alone.
Almost all of the clients we work with face this very same problem that usually arises from good intentions: when trying to backup photos for safekeeping, multiple copies are made, but the duplicates are never deleted, and the problem worsens over time.
What’s wrong with having so many duplicate photos?
- It prevents you from being able to easily organize your photos
- They take up unnecessary space on your computer and other devices
- It’s extremely frustrating to have multiple copies of the same photo located in different places when you only need one copy of that photo.
- DIY de-duplicating can take anywhere from 3-8 hours (or more!) depending on how many photos you start with
- Free software can only take you so far, and all your digital photos and videos must be consolidated before de-duplicating
If you can’t find the time to de-duplicate these photos on your own, EverPresent can help! Deduplication is included with both our Basic and Advanced Fresh Start packages. An experienced technician will take care of the de-duplication process for you before organizing your photos into a chronological archive.
Moving forward, the best way to prevent the creation of more duplicates is to clear off your devices after you’ve imported the photos.