Fragile Book scanning service
These vintage albums just scream history and memories, but they are also the most fragile albums we come across. Photo corners come loose or unglued and photos begin to fall out. The binding breaks from years of wear and tear and sometimes it’s so bad the book isn’t even entirely held together anymore. Too much exposure to light and sunlight fade the photos and too much handling will deteriorate the paper. Your most beautiful and prized possessions are the ones in the most danger.
Everything you need to know
about fragile book scanning
Common questions about old photo album conversion
Can you preserve the original?
Yes, we would never do anything to interfere with the integrity of the original album. If you want individual photo scans, but your photos are glued to the page, we’ll scan the page and crop the photos out. If we can’t get the best scan of your photos or pages with the way the album is bound, we can unbind the albums and rebind them after. No matter the situation, your albums are returned to you in the condition we received them, or better.
What if I don’t want the white edges?
A signature indicator of an older photo album is the scalloped or straight-edged white borders around your photos. We can crop them out or keep them, that’s up to you. Most people prefer to NOT have them, but sometimes there is handwriting on the edges they’d like to preserve!
Can you scan a whole album page?
Absolutely! One of our most popular services is the re-creation of these vintage albums into modern photo books. Having the individual scans is great, it’s perfect for sharing online and with long-distance family. However, these books were painstakingly handcrafted by your relatives and viewing them page by page as they were meant to be seen can’t be beat, so we’re always happy to provide full-page scans and individual photos. You can work with one of our in-house designers on a photo book when the scanning is done!
Vintage Album Scanning Service – From Our Blog
4 Ways We Scan Vintage Albums
Vintage album projects with our fragile book scanning service are the most delicate and often the most important to do.
Read more about scanning…
Album Scanning to Photo Books
Our most amazing photo book projects have come from vintage, fragile book scanning re-creations. It could be right for you!
Read more about photo books…
Preserving Album Handwriting
Most vintage albums have handwritten captions and we handle them in several ways depending on what works best for you.
Read more saving captions…
“The Charity League of Paducah had over 80 years of history and scrapbooks that we put in the most capable hands at EverPresent. They did the most amazing job of scanning and archiving every page – even purchasing special equipment to handle the extra-large pages so we had the best quality files possible. As the organization’s historian, I can’t recommend them enough!”
– Sarah H.
Visit one of our Northeast locations:
HEADQUARTERS - Newton
Back Bay & South End
North Attleborough (MA/RI)
or work with us from the comfort of your own home.
You can also ship directly to us!
- Consulations from the privacy of your own home
- Perfect for large or complex projects with multiple formats
- Our certified consultants travel across the Northeast
- Free, no obligations estimate
- Speak with our certified consultants over the phone
- Ship to our headquarters in Newton, MA
Standard & custom album scanning pricing
WE ARE THE NATIONAL LEADER IN ALBUM & SCRAPBOOK DIGITIZATION & PRESERVATION
- 600 DPI on professional scanners
- Ordered, titled and numbered
- 3 level human eye quality control
- Dust removal, cleaning & orientation
- 2000 dpi on professional scanners
- Unpack & repack of carousels
- Dust removal via cloth, brush & compressed air
- Ordered, titled & numbered
- Caption & Handwriting Preservation
- 4 scanning methods: 300-600 dpi
- Returned as is or photo boxes
- Sleeved, sticky albums & more
- Video editing
- Photo books
- Work one-on-one with our talented designers
Have a large photo scanning project?
Book your consultation online now to save 15%
- Extra USB: Ask your consultant
- Captions in file name or metadata: $0.50-0.90/ea
- Add advanced foldering: $0.15/image
- Photo Selection: $0.12/image
- Advanced organizing (keyword search, etc): $85/hour
WE ORGANIZE AND DIGITIZE ALL OF YOUR MEMORIES
Get an estimate on your fragile scanning project!
Fill out our form or call to speak to a consultant