Best Resources for New Hampshire Photo and Video Enthusiasts
The photography scene is alive and well in New Hampshire and we’ve pulled together a list of photography and photography related services to give you a sense of what’s out there. Whether you’re a professional looking to connect to the community or beginner looking to purchase your first camera our local guide is a great place to start for anyone looking to get involved in the state of New Hampshire
Photo and Video Equipment and Services
Increasingly local camera shops are becoming a hub where area photographers can connect with their community. Consider checkout out these locations for your photography supply needs and beyond.
Peterborough Camera Shop Photography equipment and photo finishing services, located in Peterborough.
Old School Photo Lab Handels a full range of film processing including 35mm, 120, C-22, 127/828, 220, 4×5 sheet film, APS and disposable camera processing. Located in Dover.
The New England Center for Photography At Camera Commons Darkrooms available for rent. They also offer workshops and local meet ups. Located in Dover.
Photography Classes & Workshops
Keep your skills and connect with other photographers. There are so many photography education opportunities out three that regardless of your artistic or professional aspirations there’s a class or workshop that can help get you started. Get started by checking out these great state local options.
- The New England Center for Photography At Camera Commons Workshops and classes on a range of photography subjects. Also hosts local meet ups. Located in Dover.
- Concord Photo Service Digital and Analog photography classes and workshops, located in Concord.
- The Sopha Photography classes and personal tutoring, they also offer sensor cleaning and lens calibration services. Located in Manchester.
If you’re looking to capture professional video footage of an upcoming event or special occasion you may want to enlist the help of a videographer. Not just for weddings and special events, videographers can also help with creative projects that may be outside the scope of your current setup or skill set.
- Abbey Jane Creative Special events videographer including drone videography and photography. Located in Conway.
- Northern Pictures Located in Portsmouth.
- Farrell Video Productions Located in Keene.
- Ladder Hill Productions Located in Concord.
Art Quality Prints
Finally, you managed to capture that perfect shot and now you’re ready to show the world. Maybe you’re ready to look into getting some quality photo prints made. Here are some New Hampshire photo printing and framing services that can help you get the job done right.
- Avalon Editions High resolution scanning, large format, and fine art prints. Located in Hollis.
- Puritan Capitalrints Commercial printing services including fine art photography print options. Located in Hollis.
- Image Arts Etc. Giclee archival fine art printing. Services also include custom artwork, design, and framing. Located in Portsmouth.
Museums are a great way to stir up inspiration and develop a connection to your state or community. Fortunately for New Hampshire residents and visitors there’s an extensive offering of museums and historical organizations across the state. Here are just a few.
- New Hampshire Historical Society Various state history exhibits and collections, located in Concord.
- Museum of the White Mountains A collection of historic artifacts and photographs donated by local New Hampshire residents and White Mountains enthusiasts. Located on the campus of Plymouth State University.
- Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum A collection of Native American artifacts and information including prehistoric and contemporary Native American populations from across North America. Located in Warner
- New Hampshire Boat Museum with a focus on learning through hands-on programs and events. Located in Wolfeboro Falls.
- Woodman Museum Natural science, history, and art museum. Located in Dover.
Historical societies offer a fascinating glimpse into the past and are a great resource for those looking to delve into the history of a particular time or location. Here are some New Hampshire based historical societies.
- New Hampshire Historical Society Comprehensive collection of historical and genealogical resources and exhibitions. They also offer a state history online curriculum for upper elementary students. Located in Concord.
- Portsmouth Historical Society Operates the Discover Portsmouth and Academy Galleries and the John Paul Jones House Museum and Gardens, both are located in Portsmouth.
- Francestown Improvement and Historical Society
- Jackson Historical Society
New Hampshire Genealogy Online resource for New Hampshire based ancestral family research. Information includes birth, mariage, death, tax, court, and military records. Still partially under development.
Granite Town Gallery Contemporary art gallery with an extensive collection, located in Milford.
Currier Museum of Art Features European and American artists including paintings, photographs, and sculptures. Tours, programs, education, and workshops offered year-round. Located in Manchester.
Photography Art Exhibitions
Granite Town Gallery Contemporary art gallery including fine art photography among other media and exhibits. Located in Milford.
New Hampshire Society of Photographic Artists Photography specific community outreach through artistic education and development, exhibitions and publications. The site features an extensive collection of photographers local to New Hampshire and calendar of upcoming events.
Hikes and Scenic Locations
New Hampshire is a state packed with scenic outdoor locations and activities. Home to the White Mountains, Lake Winnipesaukee, Franconia Notch State Park, Mount Monadnock, and Mount Washington, just to name a few, you’ll be able to find the perfect outing activity without ever needing to leave the state.
Our New Hampshire Locations
Learn about our New Hampshire digitizing services.