Best Resources for New Jersey Photo and Video Enthusiasts
New Jersey locals and visitors have more than a few options when it comes to resources for their photography needs. We’ve pulled together a list of photography equipment and services to introduce you to some of the fantastic resources the state has to offer.
Photo and Video Equipment and Services
- The Photo Center New and used camera equipment, rentals, classes and prints. Located in Bricktown
- VER Production and video equipment rental service, a national company with branches in Secaucus
- Unique Photo Photography and videography equipment retailer including equipment rentals, printing and photo finishing services. Locations in Hoboken and Fairfield.
- Abe’s of Maine Camera and electronics store with an extensive selection of photography equipment and accessories. This store, which got its start in the state of Maine, is now based out of Linden.
There was a time when it seemed like the sun had all but set on analog photography. Fortunately, that time has passed and analog photography has reemerged with a strong community of artists keeping the form alive and accessible. If you’re considering giving analog photography a try here are some locations that still offer film processing.
- New Jersey Film Lab Mail-order black and white and color film processing service with roots in New Jersey, now located in Kingston, NY.
- Pro-Lab Inc. Film processing and photo finishing services. Located in Clifton.
Photography Classes & Workshops
These days there are so many photography classes and workshops being offering it can be hard to know which one to choose. Probably the best thing you can before settling on your next class is to decide for yourself exactly what it is you’re looking to get out of the experience. Once you’ve got that figured out you can begin narrowing down the search in a meaningful way. Here are a few resources to help you get the process started.
- Princeton Photo Workshop Workshops, remote classes, photo field trips, private lessons, and youth photo day camps. Located in Princeton.
- Unique Photo Introductory classes and private lessons with locations in Hoboken and Fairfield.
- Nancy Ori Workshops Located in Berkeley Heights.
If you need to capture quality footage of an special event it’s almost always worth investing in a professional. Here are just a few videography services local to New Jersey worth looking into.
- Grey Sky Films Video production located in Rockaway
- J&R Videography Cinematic wedding and special events videography. Located in East Freehold.
- Mad Movements – Video production and 2D animation service located in the New Jersey area.
Art Quality Prints
Take your photo prints to the next level with these state local art quality photo printing services.
- 9 Surf Editions Fine art prints. Located in Asbury Park.
- Wholesale Artist Giclee Fine art prints and image capture. Located in Orange.
History abounds! Here are some organizations to consider as you build your next itinerary of New Jersey museums for your next trip.
- Battleship New Jersey Museum & Memorial Artifact exhibit and battleship tour located in Camdon.
- Historic Cold Spring Village Living history museum that includes a re-created Southern New Jersey town from the homespun era. Located in Cape May.
- Newark Museum New Jersey’s largest museum of art and natural science. Located in Newark.
- New Jersey Maritime Museum Maritime history museum located in Beach Haven.
- Hoboken Historical Museum Historic site and history museum located in Hoboken.
Don’t forget the historical society. For the researcher and the history buff alike, historical societies take on the invaluable work of cataloging and preserving the historical world around us. Here are a few organizations to get you started.
- Salem County Historical Society Located in Salem.
- The New Jersey Historical Society Located in Newark.
- Bergen County Historical Society River Edge.
If you’re looking to reconnect with your ancestral past a genealogical society is a great place to start piecing together the story.
- The Genealogical Society of New Jersey
- Genealogy: New Jersey State Archives Resources
New Jersey locals and visitors are lucky to be able to experience an incredible range of art museums and photography exhibitions without needing to leave the state. Here are just a few the many great great locations.
- Newark Museum of Art The state’s largest museum with extensive and eclectic collections of contemporary and ancient art. Located in Newark.
- Montclair Art Museum Collections of American and Native American art. Programs include art classes and online exhibitions. Located in Montclair.
- Exhibit No.9 Contemporary art studio and gallery. Located in Ashbury Park.
International Center of Photography Permanent photography collection, art gallery, and research center located in Jersey City.
- Red Filter Gallery Fine Art Photography Gallery. Located in Lambertville.
- Gallery 270 Located in Westwood.
Hikes and scenic locations
Don’t count New Jersey out when it comes to outdoor recreation and hiking trails. Stop by these sites for some helpful resources for planning your next outdoor adventure.
NJ Hiking Information on trails and scenic hikes across the state including recommendations, trail conditions, and closure resources. Includes information about New Jersey and surrounding areas.
New York-New Jersey Trail Conference
An organization focused on the creation, maintenance, and protection of public trails across New Jersey and New York state. Site includes trail and park location resources.
Our New Jersey Locations
Learn about our New Jersey digitizing services.